If you need a copy of your birth certificate, you can order it online through the New York State Department of Health (DOH) Vital Records Section (VRS) or by mail. The DOH VRS only accepts requests for uncertified copies and does not provide certified copies. If you want a certified copy, contact the Vital Records Section at 1-518-474-6126 or visit any DMV office.
How can I get a birth certificate in new york?
You can request a birth certificate at the New York Department of Health or by mail. If you are not in New York and need to apply for a certified copy, send your request via email or fax.
For more information about obtaining a copy of your birth certificate from the state, visit http://www.health.nyc/vitalrecords/.
What is the process to get a birth certificate in New York state?
The process for obtaining a New York State birth certificate is not complicated. The first step is to go to the county office where your birth took place and file an application for a copy of your record. You will need to provide proof of identity, such as your driver’s license or passport, and pay any applicable fees (which vary depending on whether you apply in person or by mail).
Once you have submitted all required documentation and paid any applicable fees, you will receive either an electronic copy via email or a hard copy by mail within two weeks. Additionally, you can order a birth certificate online through the New York State Department of Health’s Vital Records website at http://www.health.nyc/vitalrecords/. Online orders are processed much faster and take approximately 1-2 business days to complete.
How much does it cost to get a birth certificate in New York?
The cost to get a birth certificate in New York depends on how you choose to apply. You can order online for $9, by mail for $10 or in person at a DMV office for $10. If you’re looking for an expedited service that includes same-day processing and delivery, there is an additional fee of $15 (you’ll be charged this amount whether the state accepts your request or not).
Can I order a certified copy of my birth certificate online in New York state?
In New York, you can order your birth certificate online if you are born in one of the following counties:
- Albany County
- Bronx County
- Kings County (Brooklyn)
- Nassau County
You can also get an uncertified copy of your New York State birth certificate online at [https://www.health.ny.gov/vital_records/birth_certificates/index.htm].
What are the requirements for ordering an uncertified copy of my birth certificate online in New York state?
To order an uncertified copy of your birth certificate online, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must be the person named on the record. If you are not the person named on the record and would like to request information about an individual who is deceased or a child under age 16, please visit a DMV office with proper identification (see “What documents do I need?” below).
- You do not need to submit proof of relationship if you are ordering more than one certified copy at once; however, we recommend submitting documentation so that there is no delay in processing your application and getting back your copies.
What are the requirements for ordering a certified copy of my birth certificate by mail or in person in New York?
To order a certified copy of your birth certificate by mail or in person in New York state, you must:
- Be at least 10 years old and have a valid government-issued photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport. If you do not have one of these forms of identification, you must provide two items that prove your identity (such as an original baptismal record).
- Have proof that you are the person named on the certificate (for example, if it was given to someone else).
Who can request an uncertified copy of their own or another person’s birth record from the State Department of Health (DOH) Vital Records Section (VRS)?
You can request a birth certificate for yourself or another person. You must provide proof of identity and your relationship to the person whose record you are requesting.
You can request an uncertified copy of your own or another person’s birth record from the State Department of Health (DOH) Vital Records Section (VRS). You will need to submit:
Proof of identity – one document that includes both your name and address, such as driver’s license or utility bill; OR two separate documents that each include one piece of information from each category below, such as photo ID and proof of address–for example: passport plus credit card statement
Who can request a certified copy of their own or another person’s birth record from the DOH VRS?
You can request a certified copy of your own or another person’s birth record from the DOH VRS if you are 18 years of age or older. If you are under 18, an adult who is your parent or legal guardian must sign the application and submit it with documentation proving their relationship to you (e.g., a copy of their birth certificate). Please note that we can only provide copies of adoption records with written authorization from all parties involved in the adoption process.
In addition to the application form, you must submit a valid form of photo ID and proof of address (e.g., passport plus credit card statement). You may also be asked to provide additional documentation and/or other records as needed. Payment is due at the time of submission via check or money order made payable to the Department of Health. We do not accept cash or credit card payments
Once the application is received, it can take up to 4-6 weeks for processing. You will be notified via mail when your records are ready for pick-up. Please include a self-addressed stamped envelope with your submission if you wish to have your records delivered by mail.
Where do I go if I have questions about obtaining my birth certificate?
If you have questions about obtaining your birth certificate, call the DOH VRS at (518) 474-5820.
You may also call the DOH VRS at (518) 473-3530 or visit their website at https://www.health.ny.gov/vitalrecords/.
You can order duplicate copies of your vital records for $9 each without leaving home, but if you need one quickly, you should visit a DMV office instead.
To order online:
- Go to [this link] and select “Certificate of Birth” or “Certificate of Death” from the dropdown menu at the top left corner of the page.
- Enter your name and date of birth in all caps (or as close to it as possible), then click on “Continue.” After that, enter your Social Security number or alien registration number in all caps (or as close to it as possible). If you need to get either one handy, leave this field blank and move on; neither will affect how quickly we can get back in touch with you once we receive orders from the New York State Department Of Health Vital Records Services Office!
In conclusion, if you’re looking for a quick and easy way to get your birth certificate in New York, the New York DMV is your best bet. However, if you want to order one online or by mail, then go right ahead!